11.17.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #17

Day #17 - Having the Means to Help Others

I recently received the wishes & wants list from the family that we will be providing Christmas for this year. It's for a mother living here in Cache Valley, and her son, who is currently receiving treatments for cancer. The goal of Cache Valley for Hope Cancer foundation is that each cancer family will have food for the holidays, as well as gifts under the tree.

The moms Christmas wish... that her son will get better. I cry each time I read her email.

Yesterday, Chris and I discussed what Brielle would be receiving for Christmas, how much we'd spend, what would come from us and what would come from "you know who." I also went the grocery store and purchased a weeks worth of groceries for our family.  

I wasn't worried about money. I didn't worry about how we would pay for the gifts. I didn't skimp on the groceries I purchased, thinking that some items may be frivolous and not necessary. We don't have circumstances that make us to wonder how we're going to pay for our next meal, or how we could possibly afford to provide Christmas for our family.

Not only do we have the means to provide a comfortable life for our family, we're able to help out another during the holidays. Today, I'm grateful for that.

No comments: